The complexity of accounting for medium to large sized UK entities can represent significant challenges for many businesses, made even harder by increasing scrutiny on companies to ensure that their financial reporting and disclosure requirements are transparent and fully compliant.
As such having a technical accounting advisor at hand, to support in all manners of accounting, regardless of whether reporting under FRS 102 or IFRS, is more important than ever.
Garbutt + Elliott have a technical department with extensive knowledge across all complex areas of accounting and company law, under UK and International standards. The team, led by Alex Hird, Head of Technical + Innovation, are able to assist whether you are considering listing on the stock exchange and require a change of financial framework or you are considering issuing share options to your employees and require assistance on the valuation and accounting treatment. We have all your needs covered.
We aim not only to solve your current accounting issues but also to act proactively in order to assist you with all needs going forwards. We have a proven track record of building long term relationships, helping with both efficiency for your team, and quality of reporting.
Areas of expertise include:
- Outsourced statutory reporting (We become a valuable, on-demand member of your financial team to provide expertise and support throughout the external audit process).
- UK GAAP to IFRS conversions
- Mergers, divisions, acquisitions and disposals
- Complex consolidations
- Debt to equity swaps and refinancing
- Convertible loan notes
- Share options valuations under Black-Scholes, Monte Carlo simulations, and other major models
- Share options accounting treatments
- Intangible asset valuations and impairment reviews
- Financial instruments, interpretations and accounting treatment, including complex fair value modelling
- Accounting for derivatives and other complex financial instruments
- Accounting standard interpretations
- Forensic accounting and specialist assurance reports
For all our engagements we can prepare detailed reports to document our analysis, interpretations and conclusions, whilst tailoring them towards your need. Any assignment can be set up in a bespoke way to help you manage the cost-effectiveness of our solutions. As a result, our reports have often been used to negotiate a lower fee with a firm’s auditors, providing substance behind a certain accounting treatment.
For more information please contact Alex Hird or Rebecca Dawson – 01904 464100 firstname.lastname@example.org
We, at SmartSearch, were thrilled with the service that Garbutt & Elliot provided. The whole team were extremely engaging and passionate to learn about our business in during early scoping meetings and this made the rest of the process thoroughly efficient. The GE team produced fantastically, detailed work which went above and beyond the scope of work for the job. We were provided with a comprehensive report, full of analysis and findings, that was paired with a detailed run through to ensure all areas were covered to an immaculate standard.I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending GE to anyone and we take great comfort, as a business, knowing we have an accountant on hand we trust and respect.
Sebastian Holmes – Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, SmartSearch