Why work with our breweries accountancy team?
We act for a large number of breweries of varying sizes – mainly in Yorkshire and the North East, but also in London and the South – which is testament to the service we provide.
We have also recently been engaged by SIBA to assist them in preparing a financial benchmarking report for their members, which will be released shortly.
As well as standard accountancy services, examples of work we have carried out for breweries include:
- SEIS claims for crowd funding investors
- Capital allowances claims on brewery-specific improvements to leasehold premises
- Assistance with obtaining grant funding
- Assistance with finance raising (individual investors and bank debt), some using specific brewery finance specialists I know
- Assistance with business plans and cash flow forecasts
- Sales leads & business introductions (e.g. exporting with Department for International Trade)
- Tax planning & VAT planning for purchase of pubs/bars/shops/on-line businesses and how they should be structured within the existing brewery business
- Tax and corporate finance advice on the sale of a brewery
Whilst we obviously carry out these services for businesses in other sectors too, our sector-specific knowledge (as consumers and advisors) has been of real benefit to our clients.
Our team’s beer-related credentials include:
- A Committee member of the York branch of CAMRA for 11 years (including 5 years as Chair)
- One of the key organisers of the York Beer & Cider Festival – the largest outdoor beer festival north of Nottingham, which welcomes over 10,000 visitors every year
- A full member of the British Guild of Beer Writers in recognition of Matt Grant’s part-time beer writing
- Over 4,000 unique check-ins on Untappd!
- Part of G+E’s Food & Drink team, we had our inaugural Food & Drink awards back in March – entries are now open for the 2019 awards
- We have a large number of contacts and clients that operate in the sector – from engineers and equipment manufacturers to consultants, insurers and funders.
For more information contact Matthew Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org – or fill out our contact form below: