As part of our continuing growth we have an opportunity for a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) to join our Technical Accounts team in the role of Technical Accounting Senior.
The successful client will be involved in helping clients deal with more complicated transactions and accounting, such as business acquisitions and disposals, that they don’t see on a day to day basis.
The team’s role is to help clients deal with their auditors, with areas they aren’t familiar with and where there may be more than one accounting answer.
This is a York or Leeds based role, however, we have adopted a hybrid way of working with staff currently expected to be office based 3 days per week and work 2 days from home, although our aim is to enable new starters to be office based 5 days per week whilst they are training, getting to know the team etc.
Technical Accounting Senior main duties include:
- Performing complex group consolidations including cash flows statements
- Calculating and presenting disclosures for financial statements including more complex IFRS disclosures
- Researching technical queries under both UK GAAP and IFRS to help find solutions to client problems / queries
- Drafting parts of technical reports for clients
- Retaining responsibility for own work and taking ownership on small to medium technical projects
- Managing multiple tasks and having an awareness of deadlines. Also coaching more junior team members as part of team projects
- Liaising directly with clients and collaborating with other areas of the firm
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client records
- Completion of corporation tax returns including ixbrl tagging of submissions
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified with a minimum of 12 months post-qualification experience.
- Practice experience is essential.