A new vacancy has been created for a part ACA/ACCA qualified Technical Accounting Assistant to join our Technical + Innovation team.
The technical accounting team help clients deal with more complicated transactions and accounting, such as business acquisitions and disposals, that they don’t see on a day to day basis.
The successful candidate will work alongside our existing team members to provide a range of services from drafting more complex IFRS accounts and providing ad-hoc advice to full GAAP conversions or fair value workings for intangible assets.
This is a York or Leeds based role, however, as a result of the pandemic we are adopting a hybrid way of working with staff currently expected to be office based 2 days per week and 3 days from home, although our aim is to enable new starters to be office based 5 days per week whilst they are training, getting to know the team etc.
Technical Accounting Assistant main duties include:
- Performing group consolidations
- Calculating and presenting disclosures for financial statements
- Researching technical queries under both UK GAAP and IFRS to help find solutions to client problems / queries
- Drafting parts of technical reports for clients
- Retaining responsibility for own work and taking ownership on small to medium technical projects
- Managing multiple tasks and having an awareness of deadlines
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client records
- Completion of corporation tax returns including ixbrl tagging of submissions
- Candidates must be ACA/ACCA part qualified, with Certificate level and at least two Professional level ACA exams completed, or at least three ACCA skills levels exams completed.
- A minimum of 18 months Practice experience is required.