As part of our continuing growth we have an opportunity for an experienced Private Clients Consultant to join our team. The successful candidate will be CTA or ACA qualified and have experience of working within an Accountancy Practice.
The role is based at our Leeds office however, as a result of the pandemic, we are enabling our teams to work effectively from home. At G+E the health and wellbeing of our people is really important and we ensure that staff working from home are given all the support they need to join our team remotely and transition back to the office when it is appropriate to do so.
Private Clients Consultant main duties include:
- Provision of high level tax planning advice to HNW individuals, including Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning, non-domicile and residence issues and the use of UK and offshore trusts and income tax planning.
- Carrying out IHT reviews/estate planning work for HNW individuals e.g. entrepreneurs, directors and shareholders of companies that are dealt with by the firm.
- The delivery of ad-hoc tax advice with the tax partners mainly around IHT, Trust and succession planning.
- Introducing our Private Clients consultancy services to potential new clients with staff from other departments.
- Presenting proposals for our Private Clients consultancy services to current clients for additional service offerings.
- Working closely with our in-house G+E Wealth Management and G+E Private Wealth teams to ensure a joined up approach to tax and financial planning.
- Contributing to department policies and procedures in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Undertakes appraisals of appropriate senior/junior members of staff.
- Communicate news of a technical or topical interest within G+E in the areas of their specialism.
- Recognised internally for technical strength in given field/niche area
- Initiates and delivers solutions to client issues, both annual and one-off
- Generates and undertakes special assignments for clients on a regular basis
- Niche expertise developed and marketed
- Makes presentations to potential clients