We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate, with an interest in a career working in the taxation profession, to join our busy, friendly and supportive Leeds or York based Private Clients team in the role of Personal Tax Assistant.
The role is based within our York or Leeds office, however, we have adopted a hybrid way of working with staff currently expected to be office based 3 days per week and work 2 days from home. Our aim is to enable new starters to be office based 5 days per week whilst they are training, getting to know the team etc.
What do we do:
Our Private Clients team look after the personal tax affairs of a large range of individual clients, including many high net worth individuals and business owners.
As well as handling their annual compliance, our team of Advisors also offer planning advice in specialist areas such as Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Property Taxes, Income planning and residence/overseas matters.
Personal Tax Assistant main duties include:
- Preparation of tax returns for personal tax and trust clients
- Assisting with new client engagement/money laundering procedures
- Assisting the team in both compliance and planning issues
- Corresponding with clients and HM Revenue & Customs
- Various other ad-hoc duties as required
- Ideally ATT newly qualified, or part-qualified
- Practice experience
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills