We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate, with an interest in a career working in the tax and accountancy profession, to join our growing Business Tax team in the role of Business Tax Assistant (ATT Apprentice).
The successful candidate will join us as an Apprentice, having either recently completed A levels or a degree, and will complete the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification.
You will have a fun and varied role working in a young, energetic and professional office environment. As a growing team we can offer career development and progression, together with mentoring and a buddy to help with day-to-day questions and support with studies.
The role is based within our York or Leeds offices, however, we have adopted a hybrid way of working with staff currently expected to be office based 3 days per week and 2 days from home. Our aim is to enable new starters to be office based 5 days per week whilst they are training, getting to know the team etc.
What do we do:
The Business Tax team at G+E help a whole range of clients, from start-ups to large multinational businesses deal with the complexities that tax can bring. We support our clients in managing their tax compliance obligations as well as help them think through the tax consequences of commercial decisions – for example buying and selling companies, restructuring their business or incentivising their employees. A big part of our work is helping companies access tax reliefs like R&D tax credits and tax relief on capex.
We love what we do and we hope it adds real value to our clients. We pride ourselves on delivering advice on complex areas with pragmatism and a “can do” approach.
Business Tax Assistant (ATT Apprentice) main duties include:
- Completing corporation tax returns for clients
- Assisting the team with tax advice in areas such as Research & Development Tax Credits, Capital Allowances, Business reorganisations & structuring, Share Plans
- Supporting the development of new proposals to clients and onboarding
- Supporting the VAT team in providing advice and working with clients
- Assisting the team in both compliance and advisory issues
- Corresponding with clients and HMRC
- Various other ad-hoc duties as required
- The successful applicant will have good numeracy and literacy skills
- Minimum 2:1 degree held (or predicted to achieve) – graduate candidates only
- A-Levels, or equivalent, in Maths & English at C grade or above