As part of our continuing growth new vacancies have been created within our Leeds and York based Accounts & Audit teams for highly motivated, ambitious ACA or ACCA qualified accountants to join us in Senior roles, together with ACA, ACCA or AAT part-qualified candidates to join us in Assistant roles.
The ideal candidates will have previous experience working in an audit role within an accountancy practice and will work both autonomously and as part of a team to deliver accounting and advisory services to a range of clients.
Accounts & Audit Senior Main Duties include:
- Preparation of company accounts and corporation tax returns
- Active adherence to budgets, bringing matters to the attention of the Manager where relevant
- Manage a portfolio of non-audit clients, under the supervision of a Manager, and provide rounded support for the client base
- Set timetables and control assignments from start to finish
- Delegate tax return processing, accounts preparation and work on the client base to junior staff members, where possible, and review their work
- Identify tax planning opportunities for client base
- Developing and strengthening existing client relationships through proactive and professional behaviour
- Add value to clients’ businesses through identifying opportunities where we can assist/support
- Undertake training or development as required by the Firm
- Providing training and development to junior members of staff
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as required
- Participate in Firm wide activities
Accounts & Audit Assistant Main Duties include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client records
- Completion of corporation tax computations including ixbrl tagging submissions
- Audit duties including scrutinising client records and documenting findings in a clear and concise manner for conclusion under the guidance of the audit senior
- Manage multiple tasks with different managers whilst having an awareness of deadlines
Education/Qualifications – Senior roles:
Applicants will ideally be either ACA or ACCA qualified with a minimum of 2 years Practice experience.
Education/Qualifications – Assistant roles:
Applicants will be part ACA, ACCA or AAT qualified, ideally with a minimum of 1 years Practice experience.