We are seeking an AAT qualified or ACA/ACCA studier to join our York based Accounts team in the role of Accounting & Business Advisory Technician. Candidates must have Practice experience in a similar role.
Study support under an apprenticeship will be provided for candidates to work towards completion of the ACA or ACCA qualification.
The role is based within our York office, however, as a result of the pandemic we are adopting a hybrid way of working with staff currently expected to be office based 2 days per week and 3 days from home, although our aim is to enable new starters to be office based 5 days per week whilst they are training, getting to know the team etc.
Accounting & Business Advisory Technician main duties include:
- Prepare/balance control accounts
- Post journals correctly after having identified errors
- Preparing HP accounts, including dealing with part exchanges
- Posting from working papers/TB onto software
- Prepare lead schedules that agree to the accounts
- Fully cross reference file
- Able to properly follow accounts works programme
- Basic iXBRL tagging of accounts under supervision
- Draft standard letter of representation
- Complete basic accounts disclosure for FRS102 1A accounts
- Complete basic tagging of accounts without supervision
- Able to complete simple corporation tax computations, including capital allowances claims, and take responsibility for obtaining and clearing reviews
- Fully AAT qualified or at early stages of ACA/ACCA qualification studies