We have a vacancy within our York office for an AAT part qualified/qualified Accounting & Business Advisory Assistant to join our Accounts team.
Applicants must have Practice experience in a similar role.
For applicants who are AAT fully qualified and interested in completing either the ACA or ACCA qualification we are happy to discuss how this can be supported. We will provide study support for the successful candidate who is part-way through the AAT Professional level qualification.
As noted above, the role is based within our York office, however, as a result of the pandemic we are adopting a hybrid way of working with staff currently expected to be office based 2 days per week and 3 days from home, although our aim is to enable new starters to be office based 5 days per week whilst they are training, getting to know the team etc.
Accounting & Business Advisory Assistant main duties include:
- Prepare/balance control accounts
- Post journals correctly after having identified errors
- Preparing HP accounts, including dealing with part exchanges
- Posting from working papers/TB onto software
- Prepare lead schedules that agree to the accounts
- Fully cross reference file
- Able to properly follow accounts works programme
- Basic iXBRL tagging of accounts under supervision
- Draft standard letter of representation
- Complete basic accounts disclosure for FRS102 1A accounts
- Complete basic tagging of accounts without supervision
- Able to complete simple corporation tax computations, including capital allowances claims, and take responsibility for obtaining and clearing reviews
- Minimum AAT Advanced level qualified