Covid-19 Recovery Grant Scheme Applications open on wednesday
The COVID-19 Recovery Grant scheme.
These grants were announced by the government to help small and medium-sized businesses gain access to professional support, new equipment and technology.
Grants of between £1,000 – £3,000 can cover digital, legal, HR, financial, health and safety or other consultancy advice and minor equipment to adapt or adopt new technology to continue to deliver a business activity or diversify in response to COVID-19. Grants cover 100 per cent of costs, excluding VAT.
Please note, the grant funding cannot be used for purchases already made. Only activity that takes place after grant approval and contracting is eligible.
Given the interest to date, we expect the number of applications to significantly exceed the funding currently available from the government. The grant application process will form two stages.
The stage 1 application form launches on Wednesday 30 September at 10am. The link will be available on the Leeds LEP website here. Due to the expected high demand for the scheme, the closing date for stage 1 applications is 10am on Monday 5 October 2020. For your application to be considered, please complete your application before the deadline. We estimate that the form will take around 15-20 minutes to complete.
Those that are suitable for the scheme will be invited via email no later than the end of October to complete the stage 2 application.
The application process will be competitive, and those that best demonstrate the following, will be prioritised:
- A clear impact of COVID-19 on your business
- Your proposed activity to address the impact
- How the proposed activity will positively impact your business through adapting products and services to meet customer needs, building resilience or minimising future business interruption
Leeds LEP cannot guarantee that every business that meets the criteria for the grant will be invited to submit a second stage application. If more funding becomes available, there will be a second round of applications.
To be eligible, your business must:
- Have fewer than 250 employees
- Not be in one of the following sectors:
Fishery and aquaculture
Tobacco and tobacco products
Construction or decommissioning of nuclear power stations
- Not be part of a franchise
- Have a trading address within West or North Yorkshire
- Have been trading for at least six months
- Have a business bank account
Your project must:
- Be for an activity that takes place after grant approval and contracting
- Not be for purchasing of equipment and consumables associated with PPE and social distancing measures
- Be completed, fully paid for and claims submitted by the end of January 2021
Leeds LEP will be working in partnership with an organisation called Umi Commercial Ltd to deliver the scheme.
If you have any queries around accessing government grants, please contact Simon Palmer: email@example.com